Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Viper Madame Hydra Cosplay Take 2 / Free Comic Book Day plans

I finally got to fix my Viper costume after the Wondercon fiasco, and perfected the scarring technique for a Healthy kids event last weekend. Apparently the small fix of the thigh holster/ make up was a vast improvement as it has made it to other pages like wild fire. So I will share them here.
I also wanted to take a moment to address the Spoiler costume which also received rave reviews (from those nerds who actually knew who she was) and will be going round two for Free Comic Book Day at my local comic book store for a contest...cross your fingers for me! At Wondercon I had lost the thigh holster (strike two for thigh holsters that weekend) and also my cloak's hood was complete fuggled the whole night. I found the thigh holster and will be fixing the hood on Friday. I strongly recommend checking out your local comic book shop's FCD events....they look huge everywhere I have seen.


Close up of the scarring effect, tutorial here: Cosplay Scars
For more pictures from the Healthy Kids Day event, stay tuned to the Facebook Page: Nerd Rendezvous

Not to mention the Green Arrow/Black Canary is still in the works, the  Bat Signal is in the works, the flat shoes are I SWEAR in the works, and many many other things. I have been dealing with an insurance/courts ordeal and have been supa busy. I hope to get to these projects soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment