Thursday, November 15, 2012

First pair of Comic Shoes Finished!

Hey everyone, I know what a late bird I'm being here with the updated blog complete with pictures of the finished Batgirl shoes but I had to wait for those pesky comics to get here. Anyways, without further ado I present to you....Batgirl Wedges:



I really hope the lady likes them because I would have to keep them if she doesn't...and being that we have the same size shoe...hehehe...
A few notes and words to the wise for those of you who will be attempting this...Comic + mod podge is WAY more slippery than regular paper + mod podge, therefore, it is 100 times harder to smooth the bubbles out, I suggest laying down a little mod podge (just enough to make it stick where you want it) and then pushing it firmly into place with dry hands before smoothing more mod podge over the top. It is also harder with comic paper to round over the edge of the shoe, it just doesn't want to stick! So you have to go about your business until the mod podge is tacky and then hold it in place for at least 30 seconds.
I'm excited to say I am lining up a few more projects and hopefully can knock them down over my vacation for you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment